WELCOME to Last Chance Animal Rescue and thank you for choosing rescue!! We are so excited to have the opportunity to help you to find the dog that will be with you and your family for many years to come! We are honored that you have chosen to adopt a dog from Last Chance Animal Rescue and we look forward to making this a wonderful experience for you!! Please take a moment to review our ADOPTION GUIDELINES below. These Guidelines are to serve as a tool to assist in the adoption process but we are open to discussing any situation that may not be in compliance. Our goal is to find SAFE, RESPONSIBLE, and LOVING families for our animals.
- Be 21 years of age and have a valid ID with a current verifiable address.
- Live in stable housing with a verifiable phone number.
- Ensure that all adults living in the household have consented to the adoption and are willing to participate in the care of the pet.
- Ensure that all children are mature enough to manage their behavior in the home and interact appropriately with the pet.
- If a renter, show copy of lease or other proof from landlord that the pet is allowed.
- Have the financial ability now, and in the foreseeable future, to properly care for the pet, including but not limited to routine and unexpected emergency veterinary care, quality food, necessary supplies, pet sitters, trainers, and be able to pay pet deposits/pet rent if living in rental housing.
- Agree to properly train the dog, and have the financial ability and willingness to engage the services of training professionals and/or behavioral specialists if warranted
- Provide proper and consistent veterinary care, food, water, exercise, training and kind treatment.
- Provide the pet a safe and pleasant environment with love and attention, and not to leave the pet alone for excessively long hours without another animal or human for companionship.
- Adopt the pet as a permanent lifetime family member, and be willing to make concessions in the future to accommodate and keep your pet as your lifestyle may change.
- Fill out the Adoption Application (Dogs/Cats) and participate in a phone and/or in-person interview
- Be willing to provide personal and veterinary references.
- Understand that the Adoption Application must be processed and approved (which on average takes 3-5 days – we are 100% volunteers)
- Be ready to adopt immediately (we cannot "hold" animals for anyone)
- Sign a legally binding Adoption Contract and pay the Adoption Fee
CLICK the appropriate link (Dogs/Cats) to fill out an Adoption Application and participate in a phone and/or in-person interview....