WELCOME to St. Francis Farm and thank you for choosing rescue!! We are so excited to have the opportunity to help you to find a companion that will be with you and your family for many years to come! We are honored that you have chosen to adopt an animal from St. Francis Farm and we look forward to making this a wonderful experience for you!! Please take a moment to review our ADOPTION GUIDELINES below. These Guidelines are to serve as a tool to assist in the adoption process but we are open to discussing any situation that may not be in compliance. Our goal is to find SAFE, RESPONSIBLE, and LOVING families for our animals.
- Be 21 years of age and have a valid ID with a current verifiable address.
- Provide a verifiable phone number.
- Be willing to provide personal and veterinary references.
- If a renter, show copy of lease or other proof from landlord that the pet is allowed.
- Ensure that all household members have consented to the adoption and are willing to participate in the care of the pet.
- Ensure that this pet is age appropriate for the children in your home and that proper supervision will occur.
- Have the financial ability now, and in the foreseeable future, to properly care for the pet, including but not limited to routine and unexpected emergency veterinary care, quality food, necessary supplies, pet sitters, trainers, and be able to pay pet deposits/pet rent if living in rental housing.
- Agree to engage in training services provided by training professionals and behavioral specialists if circumstances warrant it.
- Provide proper and consistent veterinary care, food, water, exercise, training, socialization and kind treatment.
- Provide a safe and pleasant living space for the pet where they will not be left alone for excessively long hours.
- Be ready to adopt immediately (we cannot "hold" animals for anyone).
- Adopt the pet as a permanent lifetime family member, and be willing to make concessions in the future to accommodate and keep your pet as your lifestyle may change.
- Fill out the Adoption Application and participate in a phone and/or in-person interview.
- Sign a legally binding Adoption Contract and pay the Adoption Fee.
CLICK the appropriate link
to fill out an Adoption Application and participate in a phone and/or in-person interview....